As a homeowner, it is important that you obtain and maintain carbon monoxide detectors in your home. These devices are life-savers, as has been proven by the many deaths that carbon monoxide poisoning causes every year. Often the cause is the use of a heater or something gas powered in an area that doesn’t have sufficient ventilation. This is why it is so important to have a detector in your home.

Since carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, the only way to detect it is by using an alarm. What makes the gas extra dangerous is how quickly it can kill. It can take as little as a few minutes before the gas makes you dizzy and causes you to have trouble focusing. This might make it difficult for you to escape the danger.

Anywhere where you have a gas-burning appliance or a fireplace, there should also be a carbon monoxide detector.

error: Content is protected !!